The world-famous Harvard brain scientist and a musician who plays with Joe Perry and Jonny Depp, tells us what is the latest in brain research, and the very promising future for Alzheimer’s prevention and treatment. We are getting very close…
Can we detect neurodegenerative diseases, like Alzheimer’s disease, before damage is done? What supplements can we take to get ahead of neurodegenerative diseases? What role does loneliness play in brain health?
Dr. Rudolph Tanzi joins us on the podcast to discuss these questions and more. Dr. Tanzi discovered the first Alzheimer’s disease (AD) gene and co-discovered the two other early-onset familial AD genes. His team was the first to use human stem cells to create three-dimensional cell culture organoids of AD, dubbed “Alzheimer’s-in-a-Dish.” Using this system, Dr. Tanzi has developed several novel therapies for Alzheimer’s disease.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How neurons regenerate lost information after damage from a neurodegenerative disease
- The importance of lifestyle for promoting brain health
- What supplements Dr. Tanzi takes and why
- What we are learning from Dr. Tanzi’s Alzheimer’s-in-a-Dish research
- How to detect declining brain health before it leads to neurodegenerative diseases
- The danger of loneliness and lack of social interaction
- What to eat for gut health
Dr. Tanzi’s List of Brain Supplements that he takes:
2. Percepta: (Cat’s Claw extract/oolong tea extract/black currant;) (as directed); DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ON A BLOOD THINNER OR HAVE ABNORMALLY LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
sign up for the newsletter today.