“Wisdom is not taught, it is shared.” How do we share what we have learned so that we all can grow together? To be happy at this stage of life we need purpose, wellness and community. This is the essence of the Modern Elder Academy. We ask: What does education look like during midlife and beyond? How important is the community for longevity? How do I build a community of like-minded people? What should I have in my life to maintain purpose? What’s the difference between our healthspan and our lifespan?
Chip Conley of The Modern Elder Academy joins us on the SuperAge podcast to discuss these questions and more. Chip discusses how he is reimagining education for those in midlife and beyond, disrupting what it means to retire, and supporting his community in Baja, Mexico through regenerative farming.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why we should continue to learn and grow no matter our age
- Why community is the key to longevity, and how to build your own community of positive people
- How to discern what in our life is no longer serving us
- What the difference between our lifespan and our healthspan is, and why it’s important to distinguish the two
- What 3 things we all need in our lives to maintain purpose, especially if we are considering retiring
- How we can reimagine and disrupt education after midlife and senior living facilities
“Where’s our emotional insurance? When we have a rainy week or year in our personal life or in our work life, who are the people we can count on? And guess what, man — we are really bad at this. Women are so much better.”
“I don’t think a lot of us are clear on how stuck we are because of old mindsets and old identities and old ways of being that aren’t serving us anymore.”
Listen to the SuperAge podcast wherever you get your pods. https://www.weareageist.com/category/profile/superage-podcast/
Connect with Chip Conley –
The Modern Elder Academy website: https://www.modernelderacademy.com
The Modern Elder Academy Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/modernelderacademy/ The Modern Elder Academy Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/modern_elder/?hl=en
sign up for the newsletter today.