What is Qigong?
Qi means life-force energy; Gong means skill or practice. Qigong is an ancient healing modality from China which can unlock your body’s natural ability to heal and maintain health and vitality.
Qigong teaches an understanding that there is energy that emanates through all things – seen and unseen. You can use Qigong to learn how to harness this energy to improve your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
Group or Private Classes
How is Qigong used?
There are two tracks of Qigong services that we offer.
- Group classes sometimes referred to as “self-regulatory Qigong,” which are simple movements, breath practices, and guided meditations that are done in a group class environment or by yourself.
- Private healing sessions, which take the shape of “Medical Qigong,” acupuncture, reiki, massage, energy medicine. These are therapeutic hands-on healing that is administered by a practitioner and received by a patient/client with the intention of healing-transformations. The foundation of our practice is based on the fact that blocked and negative emotions are the leading cause of death and disease. The foundations are based in traditional Chinese medicine, Acupuncture, five elements, and energy cultivation.
“Qigong teaches you how to listen to your own body”
It is a martial art, but seems so peaceful. Is there a martial component to it?
Yes, there is a martial arts application, which is the foundation of Tai Chi, and considered an internal martial art. One with serious dedication to specific energy practices can increase their natural power, used not only for striking but also defending one’s body. This is a more advanced level, like Bruce Lee or the Shaolin Monks.
In reality, Qigong teaches you how to listen to your own body, which increases your sensitivity and allows you to listen to and increase your sensitivity to an opponent.
Is it a daily practice?
Yes, I recommend a minimum of 15 minutes per day.
“Non-invasive, affordable, and empowering healthcare”
What is your background?
My belief in the healing powers of Qigong is rooted in first-hand experience. As a teenager I suffered from a devastating back injury, while training Tae Kwon Do, that left me in constant pain and nearly crippled. In a 10-year period I went from not being able to walk to a martial-arts champion to a renowned healer.
I attribute my full recovery to Qigong, a holistic approach perfect for people who want non-invasive, affordable, and empowering healthcare. I’ve helped thousands of people across the United States and around the world reclaim their health and enjoy lives free from chronic pain. I’ve worked with Special Olympics teams, professional athletes, and celebrities looking for deeper meaning in their lives.
My practice is dedicated to improving the consciousness of ALL people. My motto is: “If I can do it, YOU can too!” dedicating my life to boosting health, happiness and healing-transformations.
“Chinese medicine was founded upon viruses and plagues”
What are the main issues you are encountering with this crisis and how it is affecting people?
The main issue that I’m seeing with this crisis is that most people are stuck in fear mode. This is due to exaggerated news and Facebook feeds, as well as people not taking a pause and putting things into a proper perspective. This is why I love Qigong, because it give us tools to release fear.
Chinese medicine was founded upon viruses and plagues that killed many many people and developed a system utilizing Herbology, Acupuncture, and Qigong to prevent and cure.
Helping First Responders Manage Emotions and Stress
How are you working with first responders?
We work with the Santa Clara County employee wellness department to offer classes in emotional wellness. Also, my oldest son is a first responder. Utilizing these Qigong practices gives them tools to deal with the variety of emotions and stress that our first responders are feeling right now.
How is this different from what you would have done pre-crisis?
Honestly, for us our services have not changed except that we’re offering more online classes. The world needs our services now more than ever.
How would people be able to study and learn more about it?
- Get a free copy (only pay shipping) of my Qigong book at https://diyhomehealing.com/free-book
- Check out our YouTube channel with lots of informative videos and teachings https://youtube.com/chrissheltonqigong
- Qigong center and balance meditation available on iTunes and GooglePlay.
- We have an online teacher certification training course: QigongTeacherTraining.com
This course is designed for the novice, as well as the enthusiast that wants to go deeper into their own practice and/or teach to others.
YouTube, Instagram, Facebook @ChrisSheltonQigong