Is it better to eat your larger meals earlier in the day or later in the day? Are there ways we can “turn off” aging? How are stem cells being used to treat diseases? What role does TMAO inflammation have in heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, etc? How do steak, egg yolks, & cheese contribute to these diseases? Why does Dr. Roizen drink 6 cups of coffee a day?
Dr. Michael Roizen, the Chief Wellness Officer Emeritus at the Cleveland Clinic since 2007 and Cofounder of RealAge, joins us on the SuperAge podcast to discuss these questions. He shares his thoughts on the future of aging and healthspan, how certain diseases can be drastically decreased by changing simple lifestyle behaviors and diet, why he drinks 6 cups of coffee a day, and much more.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why one might want to eat their largest meals earlier in the day
- What the future holds for aging and healthspan
- How eating certain inflammatory foods increase the risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and more via TMAO
- Why Dr. Roizen drinks 6 cups of coffee a day
- Why daily caffeine consumption may benefit our health
“You wouldn’t marry someone that’s trying to kill you everyday; you shouldn’t eat food that’s trying to kill you.”
“Are there ways of turning off the aging that we have?”
“I think with an 80% probability, sometime in the next decade, we’re going to recognize that 90 can be the new 40. That is… just imagine!”
Listen to the SuperAge podcast wherever you get your pods.
Connect with Dr. Michael Roizen:
sign up for the newsletter today.